Award My Research in 3 Minutes
Present years of study and research in just 3 minutes: Politecnico di Torino challenges all its doctoral candidates enrolled in the 30th and 31st cycle for the Tiziana Vitrano award “My research in three minutes”. Three minute to effectively explain the research carried out at Politecnico to a non-specialist audience. The award is named after Tiziana Vitrano, who has been the Media Relations Head Officer for many years and has always worked actively for the scientific disclosure, with particular regard to young researchers.
Politecnico di Torino awards three prizes for this competition:
- € 1.500 for the first classified;
- € 1.000 for the second classified;
- € 500 for the third classified.
Applicants shall submit the application form as detailed in the call by 15 September 2017.
The final competition will take place in the morning of 17 November 2017 during the PhD graduation ceremony. The oral presentations, made in Italian or English only with the support of slides (if needed), will be evaluated by a jury made up of scientific disclosure experts. The commission will evaluate on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the communication that should be aimed at a non-specialist audience
- Appropriateness and accuracy of the language used
- Use of the supporting material (slides)
- Observance of the time limit of 3 minutes and correct use of the available time.
In the first half of October eligible candidates will be shortlisted; the exact date will be communicated via institutional email.