CALL FOR PARTICIPATION in the 2017 Human-Robot Interaction
The twelfth annual Human-Robot Interaction Pioneers Workshop will be held in Vienna, Austria on Monday, March 6, 2017 in conjunction with the 2017 ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction.
Pioneers seeks to foster creativity and collaboration surrounding key challenges in human-robot interaction and empower students early in their academic careers. Each year, the workshop brings together a cohort of the world's top student researchers and provides the opportunity for students to present and discuss their work with distinguished student peers and senior scholars in the field.
Pioneers is a premiere forum for graduate students in HRI, thus we invite students at any stage of their academic career to consider applying. To facilitate attendance, we expect to provide financial support to accepted students to help mitigate the costs of the workshop and main conference.
* Masters students, such as those enrolled in an MS/PhD or those continuing onto a PhD program, are welcome to apply.
- 4 November 2016 – Application Deadline
- 4 January 2017 – Notification of Acceptance
- 20 January 2017 - Camera-Ready Deadline
- 6 March 2017 – HRI Pioneers Workshop
- 6-10 March 2017 – HRI 2016 Conference
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & REVIEW PROCESS
Graduate students pursuing a PhD degree in a field related to human-robot interaction, should submit the following
1. Extended abstract – an anonymized two-page description of the applicant’s past, current, or proposed work. In particular, it should cover:
- the key research questions/motivation of the applicant’s work,
- background and related work that informs the research,
- the research approach and methodology, and
- results to date (if any) and a description of remaining work.
2. CV – a two-page curriculum vitae of the student.
Further details, including templates, are now available on the workshop website at http://www.hripioneers.info/hri17/index.html.
CONTACT FOR GENERAL ENQUIRIES firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Question" in the email's subject