Initiatives for PhD Students and Post-Docs at the DATE 2021 conference
The DATE 2021 conference includes a number of new initiatives targeting PhD students and Post-Docs, with the goal of increasing their visibility, establishing contacts, and encouraging discussion about their future perspectives with experts of the field.
The Young People Program enriches the traditional Ph.D. Forum with three new events (www.date-conference.com/young-people-program):
- a Career Fair that brings together Ph.D. Students and potential job seekers with recruiters from EDA and microelectronic companies. Interested jobseekers have the opportunity to present themselves through a 5 minutes video and through their CVs to the best workplaces in the industry. Interviews with recruiters will be scheduled during the conference. The Career Fair includes a Meet the Recruiter call, where the students can ask recruiters how to optimize their CV, create a relevant video and other career and application related questions.
- Student registration 15 January 2021
- CV/video submission 22 January 2021
- Panels And Keynotes About Career Perspectives to explore the different paths with speakers from Academia, Industry, and even self-made Entrepreneurs, organized with HiPEAC. All such events will take place on Feb 4th;
- a BarCamp, an interactive open research meeting: participants present, discuss and jointly develop ideas and results of the ongoing scientific work in an interactive and informal way. The ultimate goal is to generate new and out-of-the-box ideas, and to allow networking and interaction between participants. This event will take place on Feb 1st.