Open Living Lab Days 2022
OpenLivingLab Days (OLLD) is the annual global gathering of Living Labs organized by the European Network of Living Labs, hosted and co-organised by the City of Torino, CTE NEXT – The House of Emerging Technologies, and Torino City Lab, with the support of the Ministry of Economic Development of Italy and the participation of the European Commission.
The OLLD offers a space for policy makers, companies, entrepreneurs, academics, Living Lab representatives and innovators to explore, connect and work together. Living labs are strong instruments that support cities and regions in their transition towards a resilient and sustainable future based on open and inclusive innovation. They represent a key element in empowering citizens to co-create their cities & regions while enhancing their ecosystems through emerging technologies.
Since the aim of the OLLD is to explore the full potential of Living Labs, the conference will focus on five thematic tracks that are strongly linked with the Living Lab world:
- Society: exploring all ‘human’ aspects of innovation in cities via Living Labs.
- Governance: exploring analysis and practices for governing cities and living labs.
- Green & sustainable: analysing how Living Labs contribute to address climate change and new models for sustainable products & services.
- Transformation: addressing digital and green transformation, urban planning & development, zero pollution, also through smart & emerging technologies
- Beyond the city: innovation beyond city borders, focusing on rural living labs, on scaling-up and cross-sectoral and cross-border collaboration to support (global) challenges at regional level.
- Workshop - Interactive workshops are an essential element of the conference that is characterized by co-creation and hands-on collaboration. The aim is that the workshops are interactive and practical rather than one-way or theoretical, providing real value to the participants and providing them with solutions that they can apply even in their living labs.
- Research track - Anyone with a great case study, a piece of research or an ongoing project is encouraged to submit a paper or proposal for an innovation presentation to the conference to be selected for the research track of the conference.
- Site visits - As part of our OLLD22 agenda, they have prepared 3 site visits in order to offer the opportunity to discover the most interesting spots of Torino. The proposed visits include Torino Technological Innovation Hubs, The “green line” and Industrial Reconversion and Torino Social Innovation Hubs.
- The Learning Lab Day 0 - The Learning Lab Day is a one-day training offered to starter Living Labs and other, giving them the opportunity to learn all about the key elements and operations of Living Labs. The Learning Lab Day takes place one day before the OpenLivingLab Days - on 20 September - and will be open for subscription for both newcomers and experienced Living Labs with two different targeted programs.
- The Gala Dinner - Organised in the evening of 22 September, the gala dinner will be a chance for networking, for giving recognition to those who have marked the Living Lab community with their work in the past year and for celebrating the 15 years of ENoLL. Newly certified ENoLL members will be publicly presented with a membership certificate and the first edition of the Veli-Pekka Niitamo award for best paper will be awarded.