Nexus Conference 2023: Relationships Between Architecture and Mathematics
The Nexus conferences are dedicated to explorations of the relationships between architecture and mathematics.
Topics: symmetry, descriptive and projective geometry, proportion, statics, grammars, computer science, topology, algebra, fractals.
Speakers at the Nexus 2023 conference will be selected by the Scientific Committee on the basis of abstracts submitted in response to the present call for proposals. Acceptance will be based on the appropriateness for Nexus; originality of topic; whether the topic is accessibly only to specialists or can be appreciated by a wider audience; how developed the research appears to be.
All accepted abstracts will appear a special supplementary issue of the Nexus Network Journal, published by Springer and distributed during the conference itself.
Following their presentation at the conference, a limited number of presenters will be invited to develop their work into full research papers for publication in the Nexus Network Journal. The selection will be made by the Scientific Committee on the basis of the presentations at the conference. Papers not presented in person at the conference will not be considered for publication.
The following condition apply:
- Submission of an abstract is not a guarantee of acceptance at the conference or of publication in the Nexus Network Journal.
- Papers that have been presented at other meetings and/or previously published as chapters of books or as journal articles will not be considered.
- The author submitting an abstract automatically grants permission for that abstract to circulate among members of the Scientific Committee. The conference chairs guarantee that the abstract will not be used for any purpose other than review and selection.
- Authors of accepted abstracts must guarantee their participation at the conference. No abstract accepted for the conference and published in the book will be eligible for selection for publication in the Nexus Network Journal unless the author is present at the conference to present the work in person.
- Publication of the accepted abstract in the conference book is contingent on payment of the conference participation fee before or on the established date (see Conference Fee and Working Schedule below).
- After acceptance authors will be expected to re-format their abstracts for publication as instructed.
- There are no publication fees for publication in the Nexus Network Journal.
For inclusion in the main conference sessions, papers co-authored by professors and Ph.D. candidates must be submitted for consideration by the professor, and if accepted, presented by the professor.
Submissions will be accepted from 1 November 2022 to 29 November 2022. No abstracts will be acknowledged before 1 November or accepted after 29 November, unless an extension of the deadline is specifically announced.
For more information visit the website.